Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Americans are here...

First of all (pretty much the phrase that starts every one of my blog posts...sorry) I am just so thankful that I was able to send much needed emails today with important attachments that I needed friends to be able to access in USA as soon as possible.

Second, FRIENDS! Today two of the leaders of my team, Stephen and Keenan, two of the coolest people in the world, came down. It was so exciting getting to pick them up at the airport and sit and catch up at lunch and then again after dinner. I am VERY excited about the team coming and getting to be involved in all that we will be doing here together. 

This afternoon I left kitchen duty because I thought I was going to throw up--the worst I have felt while I have been here. I went inside and took some medicine, got warm (yes, though you all just survived a blizzard, we are having a little cold front in Jamaica too) and went to bed. I slept until 4:45 and woke up feeling SO much better. I am not sure if it was just good rest...or being out of the kitchen...just kidding.

Hopefully I will be able to post a lot this week, I will try, but you never know with the internet in this place... I can't believe for my first week and a half I didn't have a single problem and now...this. 

Well, I am well, that is about all, loving Jamaica, missing home (some)...trying to stay tan and not peel! Love from Jamaica

1 comment: