Monday, December 3, 2012

Pretty much Scrooge-ish

I used to blog more often when I had things to complain about. I still largely like to write when I have serious frustrations to vent...but then I noticed a sad result of this trend: that I missed chronicling all of the great things that were happening in my life.

So I tried to write when I had happy things to report and wanted to celebrate and remember. Well, in case you haven't noticed, I haven't blogged in 6 months and it HASN'T been for all the JOYful things I've forgotten to share or that I'm so bust enjoying life that I forget to blog. The one positive thing in this is that I have broken the negative blogging pattern apparently, because the biggest reason for my non-blogging is that I DON'T want to write when I'm just going to complain. BUT, a quick recap before the  impending End of the Year survey that I am DREADING...

I dislike EVERYTHING right now and I feel terribly like Scrooge McDuck. I do not even LIKE Christmas or winter time. I do like getting presents, I only occasionally like giving presents (because I don't like feeling pressure to do gifts just because its a particular time of year. I'd rather buy you a present when I just happen upon something that is just "perfect" for you any old time of the year!)

There's that...now, these are the positive things I DO like to try and balance out the grouchiness:

Twinkly lights
Icicle lights
Nutcracker
Ballet
Tutus
Flannel sheets
Sleeping
Scarves
Heat
Shopping
Blue Powerade
Cookies
Cupcakes
Glitter
Barberitos
Twins

That's all right now. And there aren't many of those things in my life right now.



1 comment:

  1. Listen here, Scroogey. I propose an evening of cookies and/or cupcakes, glitter (crafting), and Barberitos. And we can dress as twins if that would make it better. And you can feel to drink blue powerade, but I'll pass. I got new flannel sheets and they are fantastic, you can come pet them or take a nap in them if you feel so led. I have a lot of shopping to do, seeing as I haven't bought a single gift yet. It's 75 degrees outside, that covers "heat" I think. I got a new scarf you can admire. My neighbors have icicle lights AND twinkly lights. I have the Nutcracker CD. And now I've almost completely covered your list and also this comment is totally out of control. So go back to the beginning where I was suggesting hanging out, crafting, Barbs, and dessert. That was the essence of the point of this comment. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete