Erika, I did this for you and clearly, mines more pathetic I think...
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Lived in Jamaica for a month all by myself. Started my first full-time paying job and LOVED it—woke up at 5:50 5 days a week… Went to the chiropractor, got laser hair removal, cut all of my hair off the shortest it’s ever been and donated it.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I never make it long, I seem to make more semi annual resolutions or even monthly resolutions… I haven’t made any this year yet… but I’m sure I’ll go with the stereotypical eat right, exercise, read the Bible and pray everyday, don’t sleep too much…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Deborah had another baby, Joanie had the twins (though technically they were born this month…) Carrie, Jill, Mollyanne, Jennie, Jolene…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A husband, friends, a salary, healing, abundant life…maybe some restored friendships
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 16 left for Jamaica, night before Easter, last time I hung out with BCLN, last time I saw LFR, first Christmas Eve I didn’t go to church and spent completely alone…hmmm…no dates, but events. Etched.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I lost my voice for a week…but nothing as Erika put it, “to write home about.”
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Laser hair removal, a new camera, iPhone
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ella, Beckett, Jordyn, Mavis, and Lizzie for being the best trained little robots there are!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Laura N., Caren D., Lindsay A., Leigh R., Chip S., Jon & Kate Gosselin
14. Where did most of your money go?
Blue powerade…Barberitos, food, Old Navy, Hobby Lobby
15. What did you get really excited about?
New jeans, being able to wear them to work, baby sitting for Eva, Jamaica, starting my job, my iPhone, VBS at SSI
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hoedown Throwdown maybs
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? That's tough. I always think sadder because I can never remember a time when I’ve felt worse… but I guess I'm happier too because I haven’t left the country yet… I quit my job so I’m a little overwhelmed, and sad in a good way, like missing the babies and losing my routine, but I’m glad I won’t be so frustrated everyday…but sad I couldn’t do anything to help things at work. Sad because I’m still not dating, married, healed, happy. So sadder.
(b) thinner or fatter? umm...thinner?
(c) richer or poorer? Richer... sort of... I’ve had a steady job, working hard toward paying off my credit card… with no monthly assistance from my mom or supporters
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Fun, adventurous things like Jamaica, Mexico, missions and camping, going out, talking on the phone
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Alone until about 4 PM, went to see the Chittoms, drove to Greensboro to eat…my mom sat with me and watched. She and Chip had already eaten…and Chip had gone to visit a friend. Then I drove back and went to bed. Merry Christmas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
With a couple of little people under the age of 2… if that counts… it’s kind of a big achievement…its been about 8 years since I’ve loved a baby THIS much.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives, 24, House, Hannah Montana, Dawson’s Creek—bought the series on DVD…
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes, I think so…though I might’ve hated them already this time last year…
24. What was the best book you read?
Mark of The Lion I and II, always the best book I think I’ve ever read. I read it twice this year…
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pam Blanchard…lol… Selena Gomez. Naturally. Ha. Blessid Union of Souls…awesome. These are all jokes J
26. What did you want and get?
Laser hair removal, 0% apr on my credit card…lots more
27. What did you want and not get?
Heaven, my friends back, married, a salary, a job at McPhaul…lots more see #6… healing, abundant life…maybe some restored friendships
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hannah Montana movie, film experience—HP6 with Stina, screaming in the theater
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. I flew home from Jamaica, I was in an airport, airplane or car the entire day…and left the carribbean…pretty crappy day. But my birthdays usually suck. Don’t have your children in March…see, in highschool you always have exams and report card (though sometimes these come with early release days…) and college it’s spring break and everyone is gone. No friends = no party = no fun…
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Heaven, a husband, friends, a salary, healing, abundant life…maybe some restored friendships (this must be my over arching theme of 2009)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Dresses over jeans, a bow in my hair, although I did branch out some this winter and have been proud of myself at the results
32. What kept you sane?
Sleep…babies…rereading my favorite books and getting lost in those imaginary worlds
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy… my favorite celebrities are Suri Cruise, Miley Cyrus and the Gosselin sextuplets…
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing. Politics stress me out too much for me to pay attention and get "stirred." I prefer to pretend it's just not happening. Health care?
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my friends who I never get to see. And it makes me sad that most of them still live in the same town as me...They’re just that sucky of friends!!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Jacquelyne P., Becca A., Rivka S., Ashley H.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
If you don’t work with someone everyday, you can’t be their friend. And the second, perhaps more important one: it doesn’t matter what you want, what you think, what you feel, what you say, what you do…nothing matters.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world.Also, maybe The Climb, the whole song, but I interpret it a lot more negatively than most…